Terms & Conditions
A. Tickets and Touting
1. Only customers on the guest list will be admitted to the event. There are a limited number of tickets available for the event, and therefore purchase of tickets is strictly subject to availability
2. Upon purchase, please check your booking confirmation carefully, as mistakes cannot always be rectified after purchase. Tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis, and refunds will not be made on returned tickets.
3. You may not resell or transfer a ticket for commercial gain.
4. Tickets are sold subject to the promoter’s right to alter or vary the published event programme, which may result in changes to the running order of the event. Any published start times are estimates only and are subject to change. The promoter shall not be liable for any change of published start time.
5. All advertised times are approximate and subject to change. It is your responsibility to make appropriate arrangements to ensure that you arrive at the venue in sufficient time in case the event starts early, and to ensure that you are able to stay until the close of the event should you wish to if it overruns. We will not be responsible for making any refund or meeting the costs of any alternative travel arrangements or for any loss of enjoyment or other indirect loss as a result of the event not running to the precise advertised times.
6. In the event of a cancellation, postponement or material alteration of the event (defined below) you will be entitled to a refund in accordance with the terms and conditions or refund policy of the promoter. Where the cancellation takes place part-way through an event, you may only be entitled to a refund of part of the face price which you paid for the ticket. Personal arrangements including travel, subsistence and accommodation in relation to the event which have been arranged by you are made at your own risk, and neither the authorised ticket agent nor the promoter will have any liability for any such loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure. A ‘material’ alteration is a change which in our reasonable opinion makes the event materially different to the event which purchasers of the ticket could reasonably expect. Changes to the running order or guest appearances shall not be considered a material alteration. A material alteration is judged by reference to the nature and billing of each event.
7. It is your responsibility to check that the event has not been cancelled, rescheduled or made the subject of a material alteration. Information on such matters will be made available as soon as reasonably practicable on the promoter’s and/or venue’s website and/or at the venue. Customers are advised that the website cannot always be updated immediately and that circumstances giving rise to cancellation, postponement or material alterations can sometimes arise immediately prior to an event.
8. Tickets will not be refunded where they have been used to gain entry to the event, or where you are able to and choose to attend a postponed event.
9. Tickets are not transferable and cannot be exchanged.
10. If we are aware that you have bought tickets anywhere other than from official authorised outlets you will not be granted access to the event. Tickets are non-transferable, which means that once purchased you cannot sell them on to others. The promoter will be unable to assist you if you have bought from an unauthorised source, as we will have no purchase history available for the ticket.
11. If you do encounter problems, contact your credit card issuer as soon as possible, also contact your local trading standards office, and, if you believe a criminal offence has taken place, the police. Please note that touting of tickets for events on the secondary market is not currently a criminal offence in England and Wales but if you are not sure whether a criminal offence has taken place then ask advice first from your card issuer and local trading standards office. For more information about ticket touts please visit the Office Of Fair Trading website at http://www.oft.gov.uk.
12. Occasionally due to genuine circumstances you may find yourself with a spare ticket. Please do not be tempted to sell it on an unauthorised auction site or to sell to a ticket tout or unauthorised online agency. If you do, the purchaser may not be able to enter the event (under the Terms and Conditions) for the reasons set out above. Should this happen you may find that the purchaser brings a legal claim against you for selling a ticket which does not permit access to the event.
13. We reserve the right to cancel any ticket booking which we reasonably believe to have been made with a view to resell such tickets or where the ticket has been purchased using fraudulent means, such as credit card fraud.
14. Tickets obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be null and void and the promoter may refuse admission to, or eject you from, the venue. Any person seeking to use a void ticket in order to gain or provide entry to an event will be considered to be a trespasser and will be ejected and liable to legal action. Void tickets are non-refundable.
15. The event is only open to those over the age of 18 years old. Proof of identity and age must be provided on request at the admission gate to the Venue.
B. The Event
The promoter reserves the right to refuse you entry to and/or eject you from the event. In particular but without limitation, you may be refused admission to or removed from the event for any of the following reasons: for health and safety or licensing reasons; if you behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the event; if you use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms; if, in the promoter’s reasonable opinion, you are acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs; if you fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age; if you refuse to comply with the promoter’s security searches; if you breach these terms; and/or if yourticketis void.
18. If before or during the event you have a complaint in relation to the event (including without limitation in relation to your ability to view the event), please contact the promoter or a steward promptly since complaints are very difficult to deal with after the event.
19. Warning – prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing. Please be aware that strobe lighting may be used during certain events.
20. The venue operate licensed bars and you need to be over the age of 18 to purchase alcohol at the event. Please be aware that if we think that you look 25 years or younger, you may be asked to provide proof of identification and if you are unable to do so you will not be served alcohol.
21. By attending the event, you give your express consent to your actual or simulated likeness being included within any film, photograph, audio and/or audio-visual recording to be exploited in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world, the copyright to which shall be owned by the promoter or its contractors without payment or compensation.
22. The promoter reserves the right to conduct security searches and confiscate any item which in the opinion of the promoter (or the relevant venue operator) may cause danger or disruption, be a health and safety risk, not be suitable to be taken into the event or is one of the items not permitted in the venue as detailed in these Terms and Conditions. Anyone found in possession of illegal substances or contraband goods will be refused admission to or ejected from the venue and may also be liable for prosecution. Any items found that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner will be confiscated, regardless of whether the item itself is illegal.
23. You shall not bring any of the following into the venue: fireworks, laser pens, laser equipment, animals (except assistance dogs), your own food and drink bottles, cans or glass containers, or any item which the promoter considers could be used as a weapon (including sharp or pointed objects such as knives) and illegal substances. The promoter reserves the right to confiscate any items not permitted.
24. You must comply with any and all instructions given to you by the promoter and/or all venue stewards and staff at the event.
25. All guests are asked to observe and comply with safety advice, site signage and ‘No Smoking’ areas, in accordance with smoke-free regulations. Normal statutory rules and regulations apply and should be observed at the event. Failure to do so may result in ejection from the event.
26. You shall not bring into the venue or display or distribute (whether for free or not) at the event any sponsorship, promotional or marketing materials unless previously agreed with the promoter.
27. Anti-social behaviour and illegal activities, including use, supply and possession of illegal substances will not be tolerated and you will be ejected from the venue without refund.
28. To the extent permitted by law and with your consent, personal information provided by you to the promoter will be used for all purposes reasonably connected with the operations of the event and the promoter including (but not limited to): providing you with details of forthcoming connected events, offers and services; providing you with updates as to the latest concessions or any changes thereto and information concerning competitions and other promotional activity; supplying you with the goods that you request or in which the promoter reasonably believes you may be interested; conducting market research and establishing customer profiles; and transferring or disclosing the information provided to the promoter’s professional advisors and such other parties as it considers necessary in the administration of its business. The promoter will not use or disclose your personal information other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions without your prior consent. If you have any queries about this, please write to: Scottish Rural Awards Office, Scottish Field, 496 Ferry Road, Edinburgh EH5 2DL. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from such marketing communications when you place your order, and you can unsubscribe from any email communications you receive from the promoter by following the unsubscribe link.
C. Specific requirements for Access
The promoter takes the needs of customers who are disabled or who have other access requirements very seriously and actively encourages people of all abilities to attend the event.
30. If you have access requirements for an event please register your requirements.
31. If you have not notified the promoter of your access requirements in advance we cannot guarantee that we will be able to cater to your needs, though we will use reasonable endeavours to do so.
You agree that the promoter, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including yourself) or property however caused (including by the promoter or its servants or agents): (a) in any circumstances unless due to the negligence of the promoter, its servants or agents; (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury due to the negligence of the promoter, its servants or agents); and/or (c) to the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from the breach by you of any of these Terms and Conditions.
2. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, ‘Force Majeure’ means any cause beyond the promoter’s control including, without limitation, war, insurrection, riot, civil disturbances, acts of terrorism, fire, explosion, flood, royal mourning, national mourning, theft of essential equipment, malicious damage, strike, lock out, weather, third party injunction, national defence requirements and/or acts or regulations of national or local governments. The promoter will not be liable to you for failure to perform any obligation under these Terms and Conditions to the extent that the failure is caused by Force Majeure.
3. You agree that the promoter shall not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential costs, claims, actual or alleged losses howsoever arising out of or in connection with the event and/or our obligations hereunder including, but not limited to, loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, business or opportunity, or loss of publicity or loss of reputation, or opportunity to enhance reputation, or loss of contract or other economic or consequential loss arising from the event and these Terms and Conditions.
4. The promoter will not have any liability to you whatsoever for loss or expenses incurred in connection with the event or any cancellation of the event, including, without limitation, costs of any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or the cancellation of the event.
1. To the fullest extent permissible in law, the promoter shall be entitled to assign all and any of its rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions, provided that your rights are not adversely affected.
2. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these Terms and Conditions valid or enforceable.
3. If the promoter delays or fails to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions it shall not mean that the promoter has waived its right to do so.
4. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and no action taken by you or the promoter under these Terms and Conditions shall create, or be deemed to create, a partnership, joint venture or establish a relationship of principal and agent or any other fiduciary relationship between you and the promoter.
5. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties in connection with the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersede any previous terms and conditions, agreement or arrangement between you and the promoter relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
6. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall purport to exclude liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
7. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Scotland and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Scotland